This disclaimer covers all information provided by NMC staff via telephone, online, print, electronic or other means. The information provided on this website is generally for boating education and training purposes.The NSW Boating College (trading as the National Maritime College NMC) makes every attempt to comply with the Privacy Principles of the Australian Privacy Act and Personal Information Protection Act 1998. Please also review our general terms and conditions.
Personal InformationNMC is committed to protecting and maintaining the privacy, confidentiality, accuracy and security of your personal information. As a Registered Training Organisation, we comply with the Australian Quality Training Framework Standards and have documented and implemented policies and procedures to assure the integrity, accuracy and currency of our records including:
- Ensuring that, except as required under the AQTF Standards or by law, information about a client is not disclosed to a third party without the written consent of the student/client.
- Access by students/clients to their personal records.
Forms are available from the College for requesting access to or disclosure to nominated third parties of personal information. All staff, trainers, and agents are bound by NMC policies and procedures and must treat personal information with the strictest confidentiality.
The results achieved by students/clients attending NMC courses or programs are subject to retention, archiving and retrieval for a period of 30 years and transfer consistent with the requirements of the registering authority. NMC will also keep records of courses undertaken (including dates, topics, activities and assessments) and Statements of Attainments or Statements of Completions issued.
Use of Personal Information
By enrolling into our course, personal information of students/clients of NMC may be used by NMC to:
- Carry out reviews of our internal administration and operations including record keeping, risk management, accounting, archiving, systems development and testing and staff training;
- Undertake planning, research and statistical analysis;
- Compliance with ASQA reporting and auditing requirements.
- Compliance with Federal and State Maritime Authorities guidelines.
Correction of Personal Information
NMC will take all reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information collected is accurate and complete. If you find this is not the case please contact us immediately.
The NMC website has an on-line secure payment facility which allows you to book, enrol and pay for courses and related products online. When you use this facility we collect information from you including your drivers licence, date of birth, credit card details and contact information. The provision of personal information to NMC by way of its online payment service will be kept in the strictest confidence for the express purpose for which it is collected.