Sydney Harbour local knowledge and night boating training.
||Be aged16 years or older. Hold a current NSW boat licence.
|Duration:||3 hours 6.00pm-9.00pm
||$195.00 per person
||Trainer-led on-water practical.
Ideal is for anyone wanting to go night fishing, have a romantic evening on the water or take their boat out on Sydney Harbour during busy aquatic events such as Boxing Day/Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race, New Years Eve and Australia Day. It is a great way to follow up on a boat licence course learning some night navigation skills. With an experienced Master trainer guiding your three hour harbour voyage you will learn valuable local knowledge, boat handling skills and night safety practices. Call 1300 723 112 for more information or booking assistance.
- Please read our terms and conditions prior to attending the course.
- Call 1300 723 112 or enquire when the next course starts.
|Sydney Harbour Night Navigatyion||7 hours with qualified Master trainer. Date and location by arrangement||Call 1300 723 112 to book a date, time and location||$195.00||Enrol|
Departing from the designated boat ramp at 6.00pm we traverse down Sydney Harbour, steaming down the Eastern shore to Sydney heads and heading back along the Northern shores and Lane Cove River and then returning at around 9.00pm.
What you will learn
- Pre-start checks in preparation for night boating.
- Night boating crew and passenger preparations and safety briefs.
- Night situation awareness - Identifying navigation aids, light characteristics, different types of vessels and importance of maintaining a proper lookout.
- Local knowledge planning for night operations.
- Observing commercial operations.
- Observation of navigation light intensity.
- Running bearings on channel leads and monitoring your passage using channel markers and leads.
- Traveling at speed at night.
- Anchoring at night.
- Running along a shore line at night.
- Judging distances off of other vessels and moored vessels at night.
- Determining which vessels to give way to at night.
- Safety procedures and local knowledge for operating on Sydney Harbour for New Years Eve, Australia Day or during other water-based events.
- Course Completion Certificate.
What to bring
- Appropriate apparel for the night practical session - runners, boat shoes, no thongs, jacket suitable for weather conditions of the evening.
- Current Boat Licence.
Only our most senior Master Trainer's with a Sydney Harbour local knowledge ticket deliver this training.
It can be cool on the water at night. Dress warmly, wear boat shoes or runners and bring a suitable jacket relative to the weather conditions of the evening.
This is a non-accredited training program. Each participant will have sufficient time on the wheel to become quietly confident in navigating a vessel on Sydney Harbour at night.
Attendees will be issued with a Completion Certificate at the end of the training detailing what they have done with information covering the course plotted.