Unique Student Identifier Number (USI)
Students who intend undertaking vocational qualification training at any Registered Training Organisation (RTO) are now required to register for a Unique Student Identifier (USI) number.
The USI is a government initiative which makes it easier for students to find and collate their achievements in a single authenticated transcript and ensure that training records are never lost. Your USI is unique to you and it will provide you with access to your vocational education results where ever you are in Australia.
Key points about the USI:
- It is now a requirement for any student enrolled in nationally recognised training to have a USI number.
- It is free and easy for you to create your own USI and should only take a few minutes to set up online.
- You can access your records using personal computers, tablets, smart phones anywhere and anytime, giving you the ability to see, send or print out your training records when applying for a job or further training.
- Students logon to www.usi.gov.au and follow the links to create their USI. The National Maritime College cannot create USI numbers for students unless they contact us and provide prior authorisation.
- Once a student has created their USI they must contact the College to record their number with a member of staff or login to NBC Online and enter the number into their profile settings.
- If students do not record their USI with the College, it will delay the time it takes for them to receive their award and/or results of assessment.
NMC cannot issue a Statement of Attainment, to students who do not supply a USI number. Students will be asked to supply their USI upon enrolment. NOTE: USI is currently not a requirement for students attending boat and PWC licence training.
It's easy to apply for a USI online
Have at least one form of ID ready: Driver's Licence, Medicare Card, Australian Passport, Visa (with non-Australian Passport), Birth Certificate (Australian), Certificate of Registration by Descent, Citizenship Certificate or Immigration Card.
Have your personal contact details ready: Address, email and/or phone number.
Visit www.usi.gov.au and click on 'Create a USI'.
Agree to the terms and conditions and follow the steps.
Write your unique number down and keep it somewhere handy and safe.
Enter your USI number in the area indicated on your enrolment form or contact the College to record your USI with a member of staff.