Create your own training plan
|Hold a current boat licence.
|Duration:||3 hours on board your vessel - power or sail
||Your boat ramp, marina or mooring.
|Delivery:||Trainer-led on water practical.
||Up to 4 people
||Be able to converse in English and advise of any health conditions eyesight, hearing or physical disability which may compromise training.
One of the best ways to learn good boat handling skills is to have private boat training on board your vessel.This way, you can become familiar with its handling characteristics and build your confidence in the vessel and your driving abilities. The training can also help you get used to a new boat or a bigger boat. Based on your requirements, our senior maritime trainers will work with you to develop a boat training plan which focuses on the specific skills you need to consolidate your confidence and experience in handling your vessel.
- We operate an easy-to-use online enrolment and booking system. You can also call 1300 723 112 to enrol via telephone.
- Review our main marina training locations on the Gold Coast. Our trainers will also travel to you anywhere in Australia. Depending on the location additional travel and accommodation charges may apply.
- Call us on 1300 723 112 or email to confirm your preferred date of training, location and time. Timings are subject to trainer availability.
- Please read our terms and conditions before confirming your training date, location and time with us.
|Create your own training plan||3 hours with qualified Master trainer. Date and location by arrangement||Call 1300 723 112 to book a date, time and location||$375.00||Enrol1 left|
|Personalised boat training||3 hours with qualified Master trainer. Date and location by arrangement||Call 1300 723 112 to book a date, time and location||$375.00||Enrol|
Create your own training plan by choosing one or more modules from the following:
- Marina berthing and close quarter manouvering.
- Boat set up, maintenance and engineering.
- Assistance on your first few outings.
- Inland/river boating.
- Offshore operations.
- Ski boat driver training.
- Trailering, launch and retrieval.
- Voyage planning and provisioning.
- Coastal navigation.
- Night navigation.
- Local knowledge - learning more about your boating area.
- Mooring and anchoring.
- Training in the use of on board electronics.
- Emergency situations.
Assessment and outcome
Clients will be issued with a Completion Report at the end of the training detailing what they have done with information covering the activities completed. Based on your requirements we can also work with you to design a plan for further training which focuses on specific practices you need to consolidate your confidence and experience.
Yes, it can. However we do recommend private training sessions are for no more than four hours as these sessions are intensive. There is a charge of $95.00 per hour for additional training time.
Yes, absolutely. As this training is intensive we do stipulate no more than 4 people attend and each person must hold a current State Boat Licence.
The advantage of private training session is that it can be tailored to your specific needs. From launching and retrieving, marina berthing and close quarter handling, night navigation practice, setting up your boat for a floating pontoon, marine radio training, anchoring and mooring, preparing fenders and lines, sail training to passage planning, engine troubleshooting and electronics, you decide what to focus on.
Call us and we'll advise you what you need. We can also come and visit you on board, to check your vessel over before your session.
Yes, you can. Contact us on 1300 723 112 and subject to trainer availability we'll move your session to a more suitable date.
Definitely. Safety is a large part of what we are about. Feeling safe and knowledgeable makes boating so much more enjoyable for you, your family and friends. Our courses and training programs include an emphasis on instilling confidence and learning practical boat handling and seamanship skills - docking, anchoring, navigation, engine maintenance, on board systems, overboard recovery, provisioning, crew briefing and most importantly how to be a good Skipper. What happens when the engine breaks down, or if there's an emergency on board? It's the SKIPPERS job to plan for every eventuality, however unpleasant.
Get in touch with us on 1300 723 112. We'll have a chat about your desired outcomes, experience levels and vessel. From there we'll arrange a date that works best for you and confirm trainer availability. Payment should be made prior to the agreed training date and can easily be made from the enrolment tab. An Indemnity Form is sent to you to be completed and returned to the College. We'll also send you a training plan based on your desired outcomes.
On the day your trainer will meet you at the agreed time and location and start with a quick chat to get to know each other and confirm your objectives before getting underway.
Training aboard your vessel is subject to the trainer being happy you have met the following requirements:
- Current boat licence holder.
- Boat owner contact and registration details provided.
- Vessel is seaworthy and equipped with regulation safety equipment according to the size of your vessel.
- Have current fully comprehensive insurance for the vessel.
- Agree to sign the College indemnity.
Gold Coast region marinas
Boatworks Marina - Coomera
Gold Coast City Marina
Sanctuary Cove Marina
Runaway Bay Marina
Hope Harbour Marina
Gold Coast City Marina
Palazzo Versace Marina (private 5 star marina)
Mariners Cove Marina - South Port
College trainers will also travel to your private jetty or mooring anywhere in Australia. Travel allowance fees may apply.